PPT Full Form: PowerPoint Presentation in its entire form. PowerPoint presentations are presentations that are commonly used in corporate meetings for educational purposes such as training, induction.
And are even used by students for high school/college projects and assignments, and are created by sourcing and combining individual slides into one with the help of MS PowerPoint Software.
PPT Full Form: Use, Definition and Features
PPT full form stands for PowerPoint Presentation in its entire form. It is a presentation programme is one of Microsoft’s many programmes that operate under Microsoft Office.
It has an orange trademark, as well as a ‘P’ logo. It was originally produced by Dennis Austin and Robert Gaskins.
• Customizable Slides: One of the most appealing aspects of a PowerPoint presentation is that it includes editable slides. It contains color schemes that are present but may also be changed by users who want to create their own themes.
Users can also add noises, animations, pre-recorded narrations, and other elements to their slides to make them more engaging and appealing to their intended viewers.
• Mobile-Friendly: PowerPoint presentations can now be viewed on mobile devices. Previously, PPTs were only available on PCs and laptops, but with the advent of digitalization and the growing number of smartphone users, there are now a variety of apps available for Windows, iOS, Android, and tablet users, making PPTs available on smartphones as well.
This implies that users can use PPTs whenever and wherever they want, without needing to use a desktop or laptop to do so. The program is now both portable and useful at the same time, allowing presenters to build PPTs and practice them before delivering their presentations in front of their intended audiences.
• Focused Presentation: Another excellent aspect of a PowerPoint presentation is that it allows users to give a focused presentation in which they can easily and confidently express their ideas and perspectives to a targeted audience. The presenter can check his or her notes and the next slides on his or her laptop as the projector displays the PPT on the big screen.
• Emphasizes Important Topics: Presenters can use PowerPoint to emphasize key points while representing the audience. Presenters can stress key points by using the application’s zoom feature, which allows them to zoom out and in on segments as needed, making their presentations more intriguing and engaging for their target audience.
• Shared Projects: Users can save their PowerPoint presentations to their OneDrive account, making them accessible to others. Presenters can now share their PowerPoint presentations via the cloud, where they can share the URLs with their colleagues.
PowerPoint presentations are widely used, and in a variety of ways, by businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies to provide a digital slide show that is more engaging and assists in catering to targeted audiences by accurately delivering the desired message and information which would otherwise be difficult.
PPTs assist presenters in improving their presentations, which is why they are generally preferred over other solutions. The purpose of a PowerPoint presentation is to exhibit graphics or graphs and draw the audience’s attention to key points and the overall message.
• Creating Tutorials — PowerPoint presentations are widely used to instruct and educate students, employees, and trainers all over the world. PowerPoint presentations can be used to create lessons and workbooks. These lectures can also be printed and given to students as a reference guide.
• Digital Portfolios – PPTs can assist artists in creating a professional digital portfolio by allowing them to present their work on individual slides that include graphics and photos. The artists will be able to share their digital portfolios with their clients via email, which will save them time and travel expenses.
• Photo Slide Show – Users may also utilize the PPTs to build a photo slide show, where they can select the photos they want and simply group them together to create a digital album that they can use for self-promotion.
• Creating Animations – With the help of PPTs, users may create animations and personalize them by adding their own sound, music, and effects.
Google Studies vs. PowerPoint Presentations
On a number of levels, a PowerPoint presentation and a Google study differ from one another. The following are some of the differences between PPTs and Google studies:
• The MS Office package includes a cost for Installation – PPT, which may only be utilized if the user has a license for it. The cost of installing Microsoft Office starts at $70. In other words, although PPTs are free, they can only be utilized if the user has paid for MS Office to be installed on their systems. Google Slides, on the other hand, are a part of Google Docs and are completely free to use.
• Accessibility – PPT can only be viewed if the user has MS Office software installed on his computer. Google Drive, on the other hand, is simple to use and does not require the user to install any software on his computer. To access Google Studies, the user will just need a Google account.
PowerPoint presentations can be used for a number of different objectives. PPTs can be used to organize and structure a presentation, to produce a professional and consistent format, to provide an illustrative presentation of the content, to animate individual slides for added visual impact, and so on.
Shapes, exporting as an image, transitions, custom animations, themes, the selection panel, auto-extend capability, customizable presentation templates, morph, zoom, presentation notes, pre-recorded narration, office 365 integration, sounds and animations, graphing, outlining, drawing, color palettes, shortcuts to save time, and much more are available in a PowerPoint.