The UPSC IAS 2020: Answer Key, Question Paper, Mains Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern, Vacancies, Eligibility, Notification PDF: Hi, Friends Today I am going to share some interesting information on the topic of The UPSC IAS 2020: Answer Key, Question Paper, Mains Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern, Vacancies, Eligibility, Notification PDF.
Please go through the article and enjoy reading it.
The UPSC IAS 2020: Answer Key, Question Paper, Mains Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern, Vacancies, Eligibility, Notification PDF
The Union Public Service Commission conducted the UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 exam. On the year October 4, 2020, for the recruitment of 796 vacancies in the Indian Civil Services of IAS/IPS/IFS/other posts. The UPSC IAS Prelims Answer Key and Question Paper 2020 is now available at Jagranjosh.com. PDF Download the IAS Prelims Answer Key for the year 2020 from the link given below.
In this article, we have shared the complete details of UPSC Civil Services IAS Notification 2020. Including IAS Selection Process, IAS Syllabus for Prelims/Mains, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips & Strategy, and Previous Year’s Question Papers. The IAS Candidates who have filled the UPSC IAS Application Form 2020.
They should go through the given details. Start preparations now for the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020. The UPSC conducts the Civil Services exam every year to recruit IAS/IPS/IFS officers at all Indian levels.
UPSC IAS Examinations
The recruitment is carried out through two different phases. Like the IAS Prelims Exam and IAS Mains Exam & Interview Round.
The IAS 2020 Recruitment will be carried out through exams. The IAS Exam Date 2020 is already out. The UPSC Civil Services IAS Prelims Exam will be held on the year 4th October 2020. The IAS Mains will be held on the year 8 January 2021. Candidates need to qualify for all three rounds to get recruited in the Civil Services.
Getting through the Interview and fetching that renowned post of IAS/IPS/IFS is a dream of every IAS candidate. We have tried to make it a little easy for one to prepare for the IAS exam. By providing one with all the important details that one needs to know. So, have a look at the IAS Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and selection process. Prepare a complete study plan now for the IAS Preparations.
UPSC IAS 2020: Important Dates:
Release of IAS Notification 2020 PDF 12 February 2020
Start Date of IAS Application 2020 12 February 2020
Last Date of IAS Application 2020 3 March 2020
Release of IAS Admit Card 2020 September 2020 (Tentative)
IAS Prelims 2020 Exam Date 4 October 2020
IAS Mains 2020 Exam Date 8 January 2021
The IAS Selection Process 2020
Candidates who want to seek recruitment in the Civil Services IAS/IPS/IFS need to undertake:
• IAS Prelims
• IAS Mains & Interview
The UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam is qualifying in nature. The marks of IAS Prelims are not considered in the final merit list. From which the selection of candidates is made. The UPSC prepares the final merit list on the basis of marks that are secured by candidates in the IAS Mains exam and Interview.
The IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|Paper||Total Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I: General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
- In the IAS Prelims exam, questions will be asked in the Multiple Choice Questions that is MCQ format.
- There will be a Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks that is 0.66 for each wrong answer.
- GS Paper II that is CSAT is qualifying in nature. One should need only 33 percent marks to clear this paper.
- In the PwD category, blind candidates are allotted 20 minutes extra for each paper.
The IAS Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|Paper||Name of Paper||Nature of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper – A||Any Indian Language|
|Paper – B||English|
|Paper I||Essay||Merit Ranking||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper-II||3 Hours||250|
- IAS Mains exam is objective as well as descriptive in nature.
- All Candidates need to obtain IAS Cut off marks to qualify for this round.
- The cut-off is decided on the basis of total vacancies. The difficulty level of paper and candidates appearing for the exam.
– There will be a Negative Marking of 1/3rd marks that is 0.66 for each wrong answer in the objective paper only.
The IAS Syllabus 2020
In the IAS Prelims Exam, the syllabus covers subjects like History, Polity, Geography, Economy, Environment & Ecology, General Science, and Current Affairs.
Have a look at the detailed syllabus of the UPSC IAS Civil Services on the link mentioned below:
The IAS Important Topics
Have look at the most important topics of Current Affairs for IAS Prelims as well as the IAS Mains 2020:
The IAS Exam Preparation Tips & Strategy
– Read Newspapers daily such as The Hindu, Economic Times, others.
– Get yourself familiar with the most important Current Affairs topics. By going through reliable sources such as Jagranjosh.com; Yojana & Frontline magazines; PIB, News on Air.
– Keep an eye on the latest happenings. Try to link them with the UPSC IAS Syllabus. If one finds it relevant, then prepare it thoroughly.
– Go through the IAS Previous Years’ Question Papers to brush up on the preparations.
– Read the complete NCERT books from the classes 9th to 12th standard of subjects link Geography, Polity, Economics, History, Science, and Maths.
– Prepare notes every time that one is reading. For IAS Prelims, prepare short notes in bullet points and for IAS Mains, prepare the descriptive notes.
– Prepare for General Studies CSAT by practicing more and more mock tests and also important questions. The CSAT paper tests accuracy and time management.
– Revise the sample papers or practice sets one has already attempted. This will help one in knowing the weak and strong areas.
The UPSC IAS Question Papers
Application Process 2020
They have activated the online link of IAS Application Form 2020. On the year 12th February @ upsc.gov.in. Candidates need to apply online and pay the application fee on time. To sit for the IAS Prelims Exam 2020.
Have a look at the detailed application process below:
Step 1: IAS Registration 2020
First, register yourself for the UPSC IAS 2020 Exam. By just filling in the required details. Here’s the step-wise process:
• Visit upsc.gov.in
• Click on the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020
• Fill in the Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Address & captcha code
• One get the IAS Registration Number
Step 2: The IAS Application Form 2020
To fill the UPSC Civil Services application, just follow these simple steps:
• Log-in by entering the Roll Number and Password or Date of Birth
• Fill in the personal details, educational qualification, age, gender, religion, & others
• Upload scanned images of the Photo & Signature
• Pay Application Fee through the Debit Card or Credit Card, Internet Banking and Offline through e-challan of State Bank of India Bank
The IAS Application Fee 2020
General, EWS & OBC Rs. 100
SC, ST, PwD & Female Nil
The IAS Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria of the UPSC IAS Civil Services exam. These include age limit, educational qualification, nationality, and a number of attempts. The eligibility criteria are different for all categories such as GEN/EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PWD.
Have a look:
The Nationality: Citizen of India or Tibetan refugee who came to India before the year January 1, 1962. Or a person of Indian origin who migrated from the places of Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia.
The Educational Qualification: Graduate Degree in any discipline of University or Institution. Established or incorporated by an Act of Parliament. Declared a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956.
Note: No requirement for any minimum percentage
The Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is different for the different categories:
• Gen – 32 years
• Other Backward Caste: 35 yrs.
• Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribe – 37 years
• PwD: 42 yrs.
The Number of Attempts: Have a look at the maximum number of attempts that are allowed for each category:
• General – 6
• EWS: 6
• OBC – 9
• SC & ST: Till the Age limit
• PwD – 9 for OBC; Till the Age limit for SC/ST
So, this is the important information on the topic of The UPSC IAS 2020: Answer Key, Question Paper, Mains Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern, Vacancies, Eligibility, Notification PDF. Here I have mentioned the Examination of UPSC in full brief details. This exam is very important for those candidates who are applying for this exam.
If any Queries or Questions is persisting then, please feel free to comment on the viewpoints.
- Women and People of Color Face Bias Even in Government Jobs: Live Updates
- How Important It Is To Read NCERT Books While Preparing For IAS?
- How To Crack JEE Advanced Exam Effectively?
- What impact can JEE Main Answer Key have on students?
- CA, CS, ICWA qualifications equivalent to postgraduate degree: UGC